About the theme
Sustained investment in building up human and operational aspects of organisations can improve their overall programming and ensure long-term sustainability. The Tata Trusts’ long-term vision is to enable a cohesive eco-system for effective civil society action, thereby positively impacting the lives of marginalised communities. This thematic intervention aspires to strengthen institutional capacities of associates and partners and to fortify the larger ecosystem of civil society.
Strengthening community institutions has two primary objectives:
- To strengthen institutional capacities of partner and associate organisations
- To strengthen the larger ecosystem of civil society action.
The ecosystem under this thematic intervention can be broadly classified into:
- Village Level Community Institutions
- Cluster Level Community Institutions
- Apex Level (District/State) Community Institutions
Area of operation
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal